- Be careful reading emails. I woke up Tuesday morning ready to post my Ben & Jerry Day Ice Cream flavor only to receive an email that said “RJ Light, we know it is time for your unhealthy fat to go.” Needless to say, that put a little damper on my B&J day. How did they know?
- Goals are flexible. I was planning on working on my jogging goals only to be hit with a totally crazy week filled with, as you would know from my last post, various calls and searches and visits to senior housing facilities. My writing schedule, exercise schedule, sleeping schedule and even meal schedule was left behind.
- Celebrations can be messy. Today, we found a great place for my mom and to celebrate I took my two youngest ones to Jamba Juice to get a “healthy” milkshake. We happily bounced out of the store carrying our frozen chocolate concoctions and got into the car. My daughter decided she didn’t like the bear in the back seat and tossed it to the front seat crashing it into my cherished Jamba Juice which flew out of the car and onto the pavement crushing the bottom of the cup. I don’t know how she could have hit it at that angle–it was physically impossible! I gave my daughter my stern look and told her I was rather displeased and then ran into the store and asked them to pour it into another cup (it landed okay, just with a bottom hole). The Jamba Juice maker-extraordinairre said that he wouldn’t put it in to another cup but make me another one. I told him to make it smaller than the last one–he didn’t listen. Maybe if I explained about not meeting my jogging goals he would have listened? I saved some for my husband, honestly I did.
- Don’t go to the store when all you ate for the day was a Luna bar and Jamba Juice . When you are only going to buy a few ingredients for dinner and you are ravished you will come out of the store with not only the pasta and bread but also with the guacamole dip, Girl Scout Cookies (they accosted me at the door) and a protein bar–which you want to immediately shove into your mouth because your are so weak but you don’t want to go through the checkout line and pay for an empty wrapper because it would be like paying for nothing. You will also look at every item that has “New Flavor!” on it with utmost desire.
- The proper bath structure is important. After a great dinner of pasta salad, fruit salad, and warm Asiago cheese garlic bread it is nice to take a hot bath. It is especially nice when the bath is designed in a way to encourage relaxation. It is not nice when the bath is apparently designed for the military and you need to be at attention the entire time or risk permanent neck damage. Who sits upright in a bathtub? Well, my toddler so that he can push his boat. I came to the bathtime unprepared– I had no boat, just a magazine–what was I thinking?